Michael Braunstein joined the firm in 2009 after spending five years at New York City real estate development firm Douglaston Development. During his tenure at Douglaston, Michael was actively involved in all aspects of the development process on various deals including the large-scale mixed-use condo project known as The Edge on the Williamsburg waterfront.
Since becoming a member of Braunstein Turkish, Michael has handled a wide variety of real estate and other matters including joint ventures, acquisitions, private placements, and financings in transactions totaling well over one billion dollars. In addition to his real estate practice, Michael has represented clients in connection with the acquisition and sale of privately owned businesses, business lines of credit, fundraising, and corporate joint ventures. Michael became a Partner in 2015.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition, equity financing, debt financing, and construction of a 150,000 square foot self-storage facility in Queens;
- Represented a substantial investor in the negotiation of a joint venture agreement in connection with a large-scale complex development project in lower Manhattan;
- Represented a landlord in the long-term leasing of one of the preeminent digital billboards in Times Square;
- Represented numerous owners in connection with the acquisition and redevelopment of underutilized and vacant property on Long Island including handling triple net leases with national credit tenants such a 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and others;
- Represented owners in office space leasing transactions representing over 100,000 rentable square feet;
- Represented a stockholder the sale of all of the stock of a privately owned national munitions company to a foreign buyer, which involved, among numerous other complex issues, compliance with CFIUS regulations